Pages

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Looking Back

I graduated college in May and although the graduation ceremonies (there were lots of them) certainly felt real, it didn't really sink in that I had graduated until I realized, two months after, that I would not be returning after the summer.  I feel this especially now, when I'm on Facebook, and I get notifications about my friends starting their jobs, moving into their new apartments, or starting grad school programs.

Perhaps it was because high school seemed to stretch on forever but I thought, in the back of my mind, that college would never end.  Well, now it's ended.  I have a diploma hanging on my wall to prove it! And it's time to move onto the next phase of my life.  But just when I got used to living in the States, I find myself having to uproot myself and start everything up again in the UK.  As a teenager, I told myself I wanted to travel as much as possible - live in Paris for a couple of months, move to Rome for the next few.  Now that I'm a little older, I'm craving a little more stability.  So I'm both excited and nervous about the move.

I spent a phenomenal 4 years in the US. Although I lived in Boston, I interned in New York and DC and I'm missing those cities like crazy, as I sit writing this blog in a quiet Sydney suburb.

A friend took that photo at Think Coffee in New York, while we were waiting to get dinner with friends at a little Italian restaurant downtown.  I want to go back to New York sometime.

Over the next couple of weeks before I head over to the UK, I'll have to mentally preparing myself to get ready for the big move!       

No comments:

Post a Comment